Octopus can fish for prey while deciding what color and pattern to turn, what shape to make their bodies, be on alert for predators and aware how far away their dens are.-Sy Montgomery
- Octopuses are ocean creatures that are most famous for having eight arms and bulbous heads.
- They have three hearts and blue blood; they squirt ink to deter predators; and being boneless, they can squeeze into (or out of) tight spaces.
- They are quite intelligent and have been observed using tools.
- The oldest known octopus fossil belongs to an animal that lived some 296 million years ago.
- Some two-thirds of an octopus’s neurons reside in its arms.
- For ocean predators, octopuses are some of the most difficult prey to spot. Their skin changes color and pattern to blend in with their surroundings.
Octopus symbolize INTELLIGENCE & MYSTERY